What They’re Saying
- Art silent auction benefits youth
Washington State University Fine Arts Club hosts a silent auction fundraiser for Mmofra Foundation.
- Actor Idikoko produces Mmofra Against AIDS film
Ghanaian actor Idikoko produced and directed a film on HIV/AIDS education for trainee teachers, in partnership with Mmofra Foundation.
- Eleonore Sylla and the Goethe-Institut partners on Bell Photo Archive project
Eleonore Sylla reflects on collaborations during her tenure as director of the Goethe-Institut in Ghana.
- Ghana Through the Lens in Smithsonian Library catalogue
Listing for Ghana Through the Lens in the Smithsonian Institution Library catalogue.
- "Ghana Through the Lens" exhibition review
The Nubuke Foundation hosts “Ghana Through the Lens,” an exhibition of the photographs of Willis Bell.
- Mmofra Reading and Drama Development Programme ends
A recap of Mmofra Foundation’s Reading and Drama Development program, sponsored by the Ghana Cultural Fund.
- Mmofra Foundation wins Ghana Cultural Fund grant
Mmofra Foundation wins a grant from the Ghana Cultural Fund to promote children’s education through the arts.
- Review of "Grandma's Story: Ghana at 50"
A review of the children’s book “Grandma’s Story: Ghana at 50″ by Dr. Esi Sutherland-Addy.
- "Ghana Photo Memories" exhibition for Ghana's 50th anniversary
Mmofra Foundation and the French Embassy in Ghana organize a five-day photo exhibition as a part of Ghana’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
- New calendar portraying country's heritage launched
Mmofra Foundation, in collaboration with the French and German Embassies in Ghana, releases a photo calendar featuring the work of Willis Bell.
- Workshop on the Bell Photo Archive
Alf Bremer leads a workshop on photo restoration in the Bell Photo Archive, sponsored by the Goethe-Institut.
- Anniversary symposium on Efua T. Sutherland
The DuBois Center in Accra hosts a three-day symposium on Efua T. Sutherland and her work as part of a yearlong festival.
- Bookbinding workshop for children
Children from Mmofra Foundation attend a special etching and bookbinding workshop held by Cross Cultural Collaborative, Inc.
- Children's book illustrators learn new skills
The Goethe-Institut and Mmofra Foundation conduct a workshop on improving the quality and range of illustrations for children’s books produced in Ghana.
- Mmofra Foundation members perform Ananse and the Dwarf Brigade
In honor of Efua Sutherland, Mmofra Foundation members perform Ananse and the Dwarf Brigade, one of her plays for children.
- Mmofra Foundation exhibits "Colours of Life"
Mmofra Foundation hosts an art exhibition featuring the work of Larry Otoo.
- Noble Friends donate books to Mmofra
Noble Friends, a UK-based organization, donates books to Mmofra Foundation.
- Illustrators' workshop with Kati Teague
Children’s book illustrator and artist Kati Teague facilitates a workshop on the education and development of children through books.
- Friends of Mmofra Foundation memorialize Efua T. Sutherland
The Friends of Mmofra Foundation in New York City present a memorial thanksgiving celebration of Efua T. Sutherland at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.
- Imagining a better future – Playtime in Africa
Major preview of the Playtime in Africa project from Playgroundology, including images from Efua Sutherland’s original book
- Designing cities with children in mind
Playtime in Africa team leaders Amowi Phillips and Rachel Phillips write about the philosophy of the project for ThisBigCity
- Playgroundology: An emerging social science
The Huffington Post profiles Alex Smith’s playground blog, mentioning Mmofra Foundation’s Playtime in Africa initiative
- Mummy, read: Voice in the Forest by Efua T. Sutherland
“Fantastic story, stunning illustrations”: Book blog Kinna Reads reviews Mmofra Foundation’s edition of Voice in the Forest
- TEDx: Creating a Virtual Service
Mmofra Foundation board member Amowi Phillips discusses a model for global, networked volunteering at TEDx St George’s School